Studio Faro offers in-house training for your secondary textile, design and art students.
Click on the workshops below to checkout all the detail.
Or email Studio Faro to book your most convenient date.
- Delivered on school premises for the scheduled school day.
- Recommended for 25 students at a total cost of $1,000 (excl. GST) That's an average of $40 per student (excl GST).
- All specialist materials and equipment provided by Studio Faro.
- One member of staff in attendance is required for student supervision.
- The supervising teacher will receive a workbook of teaching resources with all the days training and templates for their use in class.
- Hours are the regular full day school session.
- Bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment.
- Email so we can arrange the most convenient date for your school.
The focus of this one-day incursion is to equip students with the appropriate skills to produce effective fashion illustrations in a reasonable amount of time and with a minimum of resources. Students will achieve industry level production sketches by morning tea. And by the end of the day they will have the training and the confidence to produce full-scale fashion illustration. The supervising teacher will be left with a package of handouts relevant to the days training. All art-based materials are supplied by studio faro - including black mount card and an A3 portfolio sleeve for final work. Basic drawing materials provided by school or student (listed with booking confirmation). More detail here...
The Fashion Design Portfolio workshop focuses on the process involved in the forecasting trends, the development of design ideas and ultimately the technical drawings required to make fashion product. This is a 1 day workshop with a small amount of preparation, that's suitable for students of all skill levels. By the end of the day all students will have produced two (portfolio ready) Trend and Style Boards incorporating trend forecast and their own design work. The supervising teacher will be left with a package of handouts relevant to the days training.
All art-based materials are supplied by studio faro - including black mount card and an A3 portfolio sleeve for final work. Basic drawing materials provided by school or student will be listed with your booking confirmation. More detail here...
The Pattern Fitting & Pattern Alterations class is designed to introduce you to some of the most important fitting alterations for womens dress patterns. It's a four hour workshop and is suitable for beginners. Some sewing experience is required to aid your understanding of the pattern alterations. The sleeveless shift dress included in the training is graded sizes 4-22 and provided to the every student as an A0 print document for use during the session. More detail here...
Half-day Excursions (In Coolamon, NSW 2701):
Excursions to the studio are conducted in the local CWA Rooms, 124 Cowabbie Street, Coolamon. The rooms are located in the centre of Coolamon with access to local cafes and a delightful central park for your students to have their lunch break. Email me direct for availability.
The focus of this 3 hour excursion is to equip students with the appropriate skills to produce effective fashion illustrations in a reasonable amount of time and with a minimum of resources.
By the end of the session they'll have completed a full-scale fashion illustration and gained skills to present their work. Every student will leave the studio with a completed fashion illustration presentation on A3 black card in an A3 portfolio sleeve. The supervising teacher will receive a workbook of resources with all the days training and templates for use in class.
All materials and equipment supplied by Studio Faro. Students need only bring their favourite fashion images/photos (4-6) to illustrate.
Fashion Design Portfolio
Students will learn research and recording techniques for fashion ideas to use in their visual diaries & design development. Students are introduced to information sources on the latest trends used by the fashion industry.
Throughout the session the student group will develop a style of fashion language/rhetoric to develop their design and technical choices in assessment.
- delivered at the CWA Rooms in Coolamon.
- suitable for student groups of 15-30 students @ $500.00 for the group (excl. GST).
- all materials and equipment provided by Studio Faro.
- one member of staff in attendance for student supervision.
duration 3 hours.
- bookings are confirmed on receipt of full payment.
- please email for availability.
Their work. :)