All introductory workshops at Studio Faro suitable for new & returning textile technology teachers.
- The industry-based workshops will give teachers an insight into the fashion industry that they can take back into the classroom.
- Small teaching groups (4-6) allows time to draw parallels between classroom needs and commercial practice.
- I'm familiar with the syllabus for textiles & design technology and scaffold the information and exercises to build a strong body of knowledge.
- Every workshop has excellent teaching resources that can transfer directly to your classroom.
Teacher Workshops in detail:
Fashion Design Portfolio (1 day) - view more information
Making the connection between the industry design development process and requirements of the state syllabus:
- With a broad understanding of the design development process teachers will be able to advise senior students on the content of their MTP and design portfolio.
- The initial stages of research, creative focus and materials are combined to produce unique and interesting design content for assessment and portfolios.
- With a focus on the assessment requirements for textile projects, the methods, and materials are designed to fit into classroom methodology.
Fashion Illustration (1 day) - view more information
Gain confidence in understanding and rendering Fashion Illustrations using the simplest methods & materials:
- Teachers will leave the workshop with at least two completed presentations with full Fashion Illustrations and Production Sketches for immediate use in the classroom.
- Rendering techniques demonstrated & practiced in the workshop suit the resources & time available to schools and secondary students, without exceptional expenditure.
- With a focus on the assessment requirements for textile projects, the methods, templates and final presentations will fit immediately into classroom teaching materials.
Fitting Commercial Patterns (1 day) - view more information
A must attend workshop for new teachers dealing with Commercial Patterns in the classroom:
- Commercial patterns are the first level of access that new teachers have for the making of garments.
- This workshop will increase your understanding of garment patterns and provide a simple and effective way to alter commercial patterns to give your students the most successful outcome.
- Workbooks, demonstrations & student exercises provide a clear picture of how the body changes between sizes, locating specific areas for alteration on commercial produced patterns.
Basic Pattern Making for SKIRTS, TROUSERS, KNITS & DRESSES (1 day each)- view more information
Develop the skills & materials required to produce original patterns for skirts, trousers & dresses:
- Covers basic pattern making techniques for the three most important garment types – skirts, trousers & dresses (shirts).
- All demonstrations & exercises use industry verified blocks as a confident starting point for new fashion patterns.
- Demonstrations, discussions & technical data cover both industry standards and school based requirements for patterns and garment construction.
Corset Patterns (1 day) - view more information
Corset Patterns ready for your student projects:
- As one of the most popular garment types for secondary school textile students, this workshop will equip teachers with the confidence, resources & understanding to make beautiful corsets.
- Additional corset style developments are included in the workbook for future projects.
- The recommended construction for corsets is the most trouble free technique and suited to classroom resources & all skill levels.