07 Jul Shoulder Drape Tee
Using a fitted dress block mark in the following:
- The neckband (2-2.5cm wide) at the base of the neck, front and back.
- Extend the shoulder line – 1cm.
- Reduce side seam at underarm point for this sleeveless style.
- Draw in 1cm gape dart in the front armhole, connecting to bust point.
- Mark in the front and back yoke lines.
- Draw in the location of the main shoulder drape, connecting with both bust points, through to the hemline. This indicates the direction of the drape.
- The inverted pleat that comes out from under the main shoulder drape will be dealt with separately after the main drape is completed.
- Close-out the shoulder dart and send flare through to the hemline.
- Extend the CB line, at the yoke seam, to add extra fabric for the inverted pleat.
You now have full back patterns and can decide if you keep the yoke detail or prefer a plain back view.
The full set of pattern pieces is set out below for the #PatternPuzzle style. There are several designs that can be lifted from this pattern, with or without yokes, etc.